If you have decided that you are only going to use Facebook to build your business, then it is important to invest the time into it.
When I first started using Facebook, over 10 years ago, I would be on there 6 hours a day, YES, 6 hours per day. It wasn’t just about popping in and doing a post, then logging off, it was about having a plan and working it. I also recommend that you use your desktop/laptop to do the work as the Facebook App isn’t as user friendly plus it will save you time than working off of a phone.
The Daily Plan
- Work your personal timeline/profile to get your messages out there.
- Post a status telling people what you are up to, what your tasks are, what you want to accomplish, what your successes are, BUT don’t sell to them.
- Share some personal elements that you are comfortable about sharing.
- What you don’t want to do is push your family and friends away by having them hide you in their news feeds.
- Go through your news feed and interact on other people’s posts, either by liking or commenting. You will want to do this numerous times throughout the day.
- Go to the “pages feed” tab (found on your ‘home’ tab, then down the left under the ‘explore’ tab) and scroll through and interact on other Business Pages’ posts. I like to do this once in the morning and once in the evening.
- Find 3-5 groups that have more of a networking element to them, and interact DAILY within these groups.
- Ask questions, post inspiration, share ideas, share tips, post humour, promote your products/services.
- Take the time to scroll through the Group wall and interact on other people’s post with a like and/or comment.
- Participate in any online events the group offers, like Dance Cards, Coffee Dates, Split Lives, as this is an opportunity for you to meet more people.
- Check the same groups at the end of the day and do more interactions.
- Post on your Business Page
- There are many different opinions on how often you should post on your Business Page in one day. For me, personally, I only post once per day, at 8 am. I have found that this works very, very well for me, as it allows my post to be seen throughout the day.
- If you want to post more than once per day, then I recommend you space out the posts, don’t do a whole bunch at once as you will drive your audience away. Think about posting between 8-9 am, between 4-5 pm and after 9 pm.
- Mix up your posts so you are not always trying to sell to people. Post questions, inspiration, some personal elements that reflect your business, tips, humour, ideas on how to use your products/services, and of course promote.
- Use pictures of yourself where you can, people love pictures of us.
- Do videos to get more visibility as Facebook is a huge supporter of the video platform.
- Keep on top of your Business Page notifications and make sure to either like/comment when people interact with your stuff.
- You want to make sure you are also checking your messages regularly and quickly, as Facebook tracks how quick we are to answer messages and actually posts this on our pages to let the public know what our response rate is.
- Share your posts into a variety of groups and randomly (but strategically) on your personal timeline. Facebook considers ‘shares’ as interaction, so you can help push up your reach. Don’t do more than 7-8 shares per post as Facebook will consider it as spam and you could end up in Facebook jail for 7-10 days.
I hope this helps in giving you a daily plan to work Facebook and build your business. Again, it is important that if you are only going to use online to build, that you work it.
I do have a free ‘daily checklist’ that you can print off that will help keep you organized, download it HERE.