Are you utilizing your Facebook personal timeline to help increase your business?
Did you know that it’s against the Facebook Terms to use your personal account to represent something other than yourself (example: your business), and you could permanently lose access to your account if you don’t convert it to a Page?
What they are saying, is that your personal account must be your first and last name and not a business name. They also state that you will not use your personal timeline primarily for your own commercial gain, and will use a Facebook Page for such purposes.
So, how are you going to use your personal timeline, with regards to the recent changes in our Business Page algorithms, to get you more visibility to your business?
- Create strategic posts on your personal timeline that talk about your business BUT do not sell your business
- Talk about your success, your goals, your accomplishments
- Throw your ego out the window. When people are looking to work with someone, they are looking for successful people and they won’t know you are successful if you don’t talk about it
- Post pictures of when you are out at events, workshops, conferences
- This shows that you are developing relationships, learning, working your business, growing
- Share posts from your Business Page to your personal timeline
- Don’t do this everyday, start of with one share per week, then work it up BUT please don’t do it everyday (for me, I have spent 10 years building my personal timeline and will share a ton of business stuff, but I have earned it and I am okay if people choose to unfollow or unfriend me)
- Share other Business Pages’ posts to your personal timeline to help them get more exposure
- Change the privacy setting, on specific/strategic posts, to “public” so that the world can see them (personally I am not a fan of having all my posts set to public)
- Post inspiration/motivational quotes
- Showcase your personality through some of the posts, whether it is written or through a visual
These are only suggestions as I can’t tell you how they will work for your business. What I can tell you, is that for me, it has brought a ton of business to me, along with my Business Page (YES, I still work my Business Page because I get stats, I get to do Sponsored Ads, I am a HUGE supporter of having a Business Page).
What I can tell you that will work, is CONSISTENCY. Working the world of Facebook for you business, takes structures, takes consistency, takes being you, takes promoting your business. You can’t just randomly do stuff, it just won’t work in bringing you to the level of success that you are looking for.
Here is to SUCCESS with growing your personal timeline.
CLICK HERE to request me as a friend 😉