Changes, changes, and more changes….that seems to be what is happening in Facebook on a constant basis. I admit, it can be frustrating to try and keep up but also to find work-arounds when the glitches happen because of changes. I am currently battling 4 glitches that are driving me crazy lol
The one thing I can be sure of, that doesn’t change, is how you market your business on Facebook. Even with the changes, you can still successfully build a business however, you have to put the work in. Doing a post per day on your Business Page, is just not cutting it anymore. The algorithms seem to have changed again, meaning we need to double up our previous engagements to reach the numbers we used to achieve.
I hate to tell you but the reality is that you have to do so much more to get the visibility you need. You need to be working your personal timeline, you need to be networking in the different groups, you need to think about creating your own group for your clients and potential clients. You need to focus on selling you, selling your knowledge, teaching people, have some fun and sell your product/services.
You need to schedule time on your calendar and do this every single day! This will help you to create a flow, a consistency, that will start to show you a return. We all know that when we work it, we can achieve it.
You have to commit, otherwise, you can’t build successfully, you are competing for space in Facebook and the larger companies have a lot more money than us lol, so time to work it!
- Be regular and consistent on your personal timeline
- Network in at least 3 different groups
- Post at least once per day on your business page
- Engage on other people’s posts
- Invest some money into Facebook Ads to bring more visibility to your business page
- Share your business page posts into a variety of groups for more visibility
- Have FUN
Did you know that Facebook states that you cannot use your personal timeline for commercial use? That if you are going to conduct business, then you must have a Business Page?
Did you know that what you put on your personal timeline, in regards to your business, is not going to help you with SEO (search engine optimization)?
Did you know that you can ‘share’ from your Business Page onto your personal timeline and you are not breaking any rules?
Did you know that you get stats from you Business Page that can help with your marketing efforts? Our personal timelines do not offer this feature.
Moving forward, if you want to build a business on Facebook, it is important to have both a personal account and a Business Page and work these in conjunction with each other.
With your personal timeline, think about the type of posts/statuses you are writing. Are you directly selling your products/services or are you doing it strategically? I want you to think about what you are writing and change up your thinking to ‘indirectly’ sell to your audience.
- Write a Monday morning status that is strategically selling your business
- Do posts around success. When your team grows, talk about it. When you receive an award, talk about it. When you reach a milestone, talk about it. Pick one element of success from the past week and talk about it.
- When you receive a shipment of products or business materials, take a picture and post about how excited you are for this delivery and what it means for your business.
- When you are attending networking events/workshops, take pictures and post them. Show people where you were, who you were with (tag the others in the photos as well), what you learned or gained from the event.
Take advantage of the elements that Facebook provides us on our personal timeline, that can drive traffic to your business.
Think about how you are going to grow your friends’ list (max is 5000) and sell them strategically through your posts and ultimately drive them to want to find out what your business is.
How you work your personal timeline is a great lead into your business, so use it wisely, use it strategically and follow the rules so you don’t risk getting shut down.