2018 brought us LOTS of disappointment with Facebook as they continued to get hacked from a variety of stand points and had us dealing with leakage of our personal information (just as a side note, Facebook was NOT the only ones doing this). It also brought us many changes that as business owners, we had to figure out how to adjust. Numbers are just not the same anymore, and we all had to get creative on how to get more visibility without investing in Ads.
With the decline in visibility to our Business Pages, many started incorporating more layers to what they were already doing, like Blogging and Newsletters. We also saw many more groups get created that were managed by Business owners and their potential client base as it allowed us to get more personal and focus on building relationships to turn them into a hot client.
To move forward, we really don’t have a choice anymore….
- we HAVE to get consistent
- we HAVE to provide more education around our products/services
- we HAVE to add more layers to what we are already doing
- we HAVE to focus on building relationships through our personal timelines and groups
- we HAVE to network
- we HAVE to share our Business Page posts into the different groups to get more reach
- we HAVE to stop selling all the time and focus on providing value
If you truly want to use Facebook to build a business, then you MUST commit to it. You MUST schedule time on your calendar to do what you need to accomplish and STICK to it. You can’t build if noone is seeing you.